Skip Navigation Links
Skip Navigation Links
Free Tax ID
Get Free Tax ID
How it Works
Get It Free Now
State Tax ID

State Tax ID StateTaxID

State Employer Tax ID Number ( SEIN )

You need this to pay your employer withholding tax.

Employers are required to obtain a State Tax Id (EIN) and a Federal Tax Id (FEIN)

Note that if you are starting a business, you also need a business license and unless you are a sole owner without employees, a federal ID as well.   

That does mean that all businesses need a federal ID except sole owners that are not employer or are not independent contractors ( and independent contractor that receives more than $600 from a single client is required to obtain a federal ID).  

Finally, as discussed above, you will also need a state ein and a federal ein if you hire employees and if you use company business name or otherwise called a trade  name, such as "Ultra Super Merchandise Store," or  "Super Expert 4U," or any other business name, you will have to register it with a DBA business name registration. 

On the other hand, you can incorporate or form an LLC and you will not have to register the business name.  You can register for any of these documents here online.

Employers - i.e when hiring or having employees a company needs this.

State Tax id (Employer Number) varies but average time is 1-5 business days

Not Sure What Tax ID You Need?

Take Our Free Short Quiz to Find Out Now!

Click Here to Take The Quiz Now!
Get It Online Now!

Not sure what you need?

Take this Quiz to find out in 30 seconds !!

To Order, submit an online

form with your business info, pay

and we will get your documents.
>Get Started
>Get Started

| | | |

SSL Certificate